- Why does visual snow develop at a young age?
- What has been the most effective way to reduce visual snow?
- What is the relationship between visual snow and anxiety and depression?
- What is bluefield and why do white dots appear? mitigation method
- Will the symptoms of Visual Snow get worse?
- 비주얼스노우는 갈수록 증상이 심해질까?
- 블루필드 현상이란 무엇이며 흰점들이 보이는 이유? 완화 방법
- 비주얼 스노우와 불안, 우울감은 어떤 관련이 있을까?
- 비주얼 스노우는 왜 젊은 나이에서 발병할까?
- 비주얼 스노우를 줄이는데 가장 효과가 있었던 방법은 무엇인가요?
Hello, this is easy-to-understand ophthalmology story.
Today’s VSI YouTube video introduces
“Why does visual snow develop at a young age?”
Response from Dr. Victoria Pelak.
Visual Snow and Age
Why Visual Snow Occurs in Young People
Even at the age of 5 or 6, you can draw a visual snow phenomenon or
Sometimes they tell their parents about their symptoms.
And among adult patients, there are many patients who say that they have had symptoms since childhood.
Why is visual snow more common in younger patients than older patients?
It is an area that still needs research
Let’s say one theory
The human brain is in the process of forming, not in its perfect form, when it is very young.
We call this synaptic pruning, and the development of neural networks.
Synaptic pruning is a process in which nerves (neurons) are connected to each other and unnecessary parts are cut off.
A neural network is a network of neuronal bundles for the brain to perform functions.
During the growing season, this process continues.
That’s why a 10-year-old’s brain has a completely different neural network than a 22-year-old’s brain.
Therefore, we think that the brain changes that occur during childhood and the onset of visual snow are related.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that visual snow doesn’t happen after you get older.